“Your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
Darlene primarily represents technology, media and entertainment companies, with a particular focus on clients experiencing rapid growth. In addition to drafting and negotiating a wide variety of general commercial agreements, Darlene provides advice on intellectual property licensing and related matters. She aims to integrate with her clients’ business teams, assisting not just with contract drafting, but with the vision for the deal and the way it fits in with overall company strategy.
Prior to founding Inter Alia Law, Darlene spent eight years as in-house counsel for Universal Music, most recently as Vice President, Business Development & Corporate Affairs. Prior to Universal, Darlene was a lawyer with Goodmans LLP in Toronto.
BEYOND THE BIO :
- Darlene is inspired by anyone who has achieved success by doing what he or she loves to do.
- Darlene co-hosts the Lawyer Life Podcast
CLIENT FEEDBACK :
- “Darlene and Inter Alia Law are the best. I’d highly recommend them for anyone needing legal expertise in the entertainment and digital media industries. As a start-up, we faced several complex legal decisions regarding intellectual property and technology agreements. Darlene’s guidance and advice were instrumental in getting us off the ground.If you’re looking for smart, straight-forward legal advice call Darlene. You will love working with Darlene.” — Daniel Dales
- University of Toronto, LL.B
- University of Calgary, B.A. (Hons) – Political Science
INDUSTRY RECOGNITION :
- Best Lawyers® in Canada 2023 (Entertainment Law & Intellectual Property)
- The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall Board of Governors (2022-present)
- Best Lawyers® in Canada 2020, 2021 and 2022 (Entertainment Law)
- Music Canada Advisory Board Member (2019-2021)
YEAR OF CALL : 2003
CONTACT : firstname.lastname@example.org