“Your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
Darlene primarily represents technology, media and entertainment companies, with a particular focus on clients experiencing rapid growth. In addition to drafting and negotiating a wide variety of general commercial agreements, Darlene provides advice on intellectual property licensing and related matters. She aims to integrate with her clients’ business teams, assisting not just with contract drafting, but with the vision for the deal and the way it fits in with overall company strategy.
Prior to founding Inter Alia Law, Darlene spent eight years as in-house counsel for Universal Music, most recently as Vice President, Business Development & Corporate Affairs. Prior to Universal, Darlene was a lawyer with Goodmans LLP in Toronto.
BEYOND THE BIO :
- Darlene is inspired by anyone who has achieved success by doing what he or she loves to do.
- Darlene co-hosts the Lawyer Life Podcast
- University of Toronto, LL.B
- University of Calgary, B.A. (Hons) – Political Science
INDUSTRY RECOGNITION :
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2020 and 2021 (Entertainment Law)
- Music Canada Advisory Board Member
YEAR OF CALL : 2003
CONTACT : email@example.com