“My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea.”
Mike is an experienced GC who works at the intersection of media and technology, providing innovative and streamlined services to tech platforms, data-as-a-service providers, and entertainment companies.
Mike has also been engaged by major Canadian institutions to help redesign in-house legal services. There, he works alongside General Counsel and executives to restructure workflows, develop a fresh bank of easy-to-use templates, re-educate internal teams, and save costs related to engaging outside counsel.
Mike has a keen eye for efficiency and product development. He believes in the power of point-form lists, direct communication, and never doing the same work twice.
In 2021, Mike created an online platform called “Lagom” exclusively to assist creative freelancers (e.g. copyrighters, graphic designers, photographers, web designers, etc.). Lagom provides customized contract templates and useful lawyer consults at affordable flat rates. By leveraging technology and focusing on what really matters, Lagom honours its name which means “just the right amount” in Swedish. For more information visit lagomlaw.co.
BEYOND THE BIO :
- Mike talks about his GC role in Canadian Lawyer Mag. Read the article here.
- Mike once bicycled across Canada (show off).
- Mike co-hosts the Lawyer Life Podcast
- Mike is a huge fan of comedy, Malcolm Gladwell, and the Toronto Blue Jays.
CLIENT FEEDBACK :
- “Inter Alia Law played an integral role in helping me launch my business. Darlene and Mike were wonderful supporters in helping me determine how to protect my company and my IP. The team is incredibly responsive and kind. They were able to communicate with me in a way that was eye-level and approachable. So glad I went with this team!”
— Amanda Cupido, Lead Podcasting
- “Darlene, Mike, Rowan and the rest of the team at Inter Alia truly understand the demands made of in-house legal teams and work alongside you to build tools, systems and processes that deliver for the organization as a whole. I always appreciate their ability to provide technical legal advice in a practical way and their desire to innovate, both of which resonate with our business teams. Their value proposition is outstanding: smart and collaborative lawyers who put their clients first, everytime.”
— Erin Eizenman, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, MaRS Discovery District
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Law – J.D. (2013)
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Arts – Media and Communications – B.A. (2008)
YEAR OF CALL : 2014
Mike’s services are provided by Michael C. Anderson Professional Corporation, in association with Inter Alia Law.