“My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea.”
Mike is an experienced GC who works at the intersection of media and technology, providing innovative and streamlined services to tech platforms, data-as-a-service providers, and entertainment companies.
Mike has also been engaged by major Canadian institutions to help redesign in-house legal services. There, he works alongside General Counsel and executives to restructure workflows, develop a fresh bank of easy-to-use templates, re-educate internal teams, and save costs related to engaging outside counsel.
Mike has a keen eye for efficiency and product development.
He believes in the power of point-form lists, direct communication, and never doing the same work twice.
BEYOND THE BIO :
- Mike talks about his GC role in Canadian Lawyer Mag. Read the article here.
- Mike once bicycled across Canada (show off).
- Mike co-hosts the Lawyer Life Podcast
- Mike is a huge fan of comedy, Malcolm Gladwell, and the Toronto Blue Jays.
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Law – J.D. (2013)
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Arts – Media and Communications – B.A. (2008)
YEAR OF CALL : 2014