Inter Alia Accomplishments.
ACTIONS WE’VE TAKEN
- Negotiate agreements with large media buying agencies, brands and media companies.
- Assist Canadian companies to expand into the United States and other global markets, including establishing commercial agreements and business models.
- Build out licensing agreement strategy and templates for start-ups seeking to scale and monetize their business.
- Advise Canadian production companies on all aspects of music licensing, revenue collection, and repertoire management.
- Advise company boards on risks present in commercial deals and ways to mitigate those risks.
- Assist start up companies to implement good practices for approvals and contracts between financing rounds and assistance in preparation for due diligence.
- Draft terms of service and privacy policies for a variety of start-up clients across a broad range of technologies and subject areas.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Messaging applications
- Legal technology / artificial intelligence / automation
- Content production (podcasts, radio, YouTube, etc.)
- Content licensing
- Advertising, marketing and sponsorship agreements
- Agreements with and on behalf of artists and creators
2017 Speaking Engagements
Osgoode Professional Development Certificate in Entertainment Law – Music Licensing (Darlene Tonelli)
- Law Society of Upper Canada Business Law Practice Basics – Meeting Your Client (Darlene Tonelli)